Thursday, October 22, 2009

House Sitting.


My buddy Tony is having me watch his place until Sunday. He's showing one of his films down in Austin, TX at some film festival. Wish I knew more about it so I could let you all know what it's all about. While he's away I have access to his computer and a sweet Gibson SG. I'm also in good company taking care of his two dogs and his two cats.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Paul Wheeler. I'm a guitar player from the small town of Rolla, Missouri. I inherited the name "Ace" several years ago playing with a band called The River Clams back in '06. It's just kind of stuck. Currently I live in Kansas City, MO. As an artist I've been very passive and introverted. I don't know why. I've just constantly felt like I was stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time. Dealt with a lot of shit my whole life that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Maybe parts of me just never felt good enough. Needless to say, moving to KC was good medicine. The person I was is by far not the person I am now.

I've never kept a blog before. A few of you might disagree and be like, "What about livejournal 5 years ago?", but I wouldn't say I've really committed to keeping a blog. Nothing of any substance. Right now I feel like it's important to keep a strong connection with my fans, friends, and family. If I get signed and they ever pay me to make records, it would be a much richer existence to have more support from the people that actually give a damn than the record companies.

At the moment things may appear very simple, but I'm going to eventually incorporate this site into a place where people can hear/buy music and merchandise, watch videos, and get informed about show dates from a sweet roster of friends I've made here in KC as well as my own.

People generally welcome others in the beginning, but this whole post is just the beginning. I want to sincerely thank everyone for reading and encourage people to stay tuned to what's ahead.

Welcome.

Paul "Ace" Wheeler


4 comments:

  1. You should blog about KC more. I'm thinking of moving up there. Independence and Columbia are my favorite towns in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you-- nice photos! I gotta get back to website/blog maintenance just as soon as I get done slaving over the stuff for Damned II in Detroit... hey, find me some creepy art galleries in KC-- Love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I will! They are as we speak about to finish a huge performing arts center. It's going to house the largest organ in the world... that sounded a little dirty, but it's fucking bad ASS!

    Hey. I was going to ask you some things about website stuff. I like how you have a domain name with a link to blogspot. I want to do something similarish. How did you get that site?

    ReplyDelete